- 1 GProxy GUI
- 1.1 How to use it
- 1.2 Troubleshooting and Tips
GProxy++ is a tool created by Varlock, which allows reconnecting to a GHost++ server in case of a Internet disconnect, WLAN interruption, or other network related issues which would normally cause a disconnect from the game.
How to use it
- Download the file above.
- Extract all 3 files from "GProxy.zip" to any location that you desire on your computer.
- Copy the file "w3lh.dll" to your Warcraft 3 folder (probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\).
- Right click the "GProxy.exe" file and select "run as administrator".
- Warcraft 3 should automatically open now.
- In Warcraft 3, click the magnifying glass icon next to "battle.net" and ensure that "GProxy" is selected as your gateway.
- By default, this GProxy version is setup for Europe.battle.net connection. If you wish to change servers, you need to open the "GProxy.cfg" file in notepad and edit the server name to USEast.battle.net, USWest.battle.net or Asia.battle.net.
- Always make sure to open GProxy.exe as administrator for future gaming.
Troubleshooting and Tips
GProxy is not listed as an option on bnet realm list
- Proceed and log on to your default realm (the same realm listed on your GProxy config file)
- Log out and close all wc3 and GProxy windows
- Re-run GProxy and you should see GProxy realm listed now
GProxy does not connect to bnet
- Press Windows start button and search for “cmd“ or “cmds” or “command prompt”, without the quotes.
- Once a dos window opens up, type “ipconfig /flushdns”, without the quotes. See figure 1.
GProxy disconnects and I get temporarily kicked/banned from bnet
This GProxy gui unofficial version (modified by Neco, download, ARt)Y (talk) 18:06, 4 February 2016 (UTC)) fixes one bug which causes the program to error out once you tried to join a game(name) which does not exist.
Change GProxy icon to wc3 default icon
- Right click your GProxy.exe icon and create a shortcut icon.
- Right click-> Properties-> Short Cut (top tab) -> Change Icon -> Browse (find wc3 icon). See figure 2.
Always run GProxy as admin
Right click your GProxy shortcut -> Properties -> Compatibility (top tab) -> check mark the box “Run this program as an administrator”. See figure 3.
If you get errors due to missing files, please download the files below matching to your Operating System type and error message:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
For questions, visit the technical support forum.